Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcome, 2009 group!

Welcome to the Liken for the Stage blog.

This year (so far) we have three groups preparing to stage The First Christmas, one in Canada, one in Idaho, and one in Southern California.

On this site you'll find posts from a few years ago, when the show was first produced on stage. You'll also find some very helpful "Directors Notes" from the first Liken on stage production ever, Nephi and Laban. Those posts may be of extra use to you.

Some of the key aids are posters and mp3 tracks for background music.

You can find the background music at this link.

The posters are linked to in an earlier post.

Be sure to go and read older posts - you might want to start at the beginning.

And feel free to post your own experiences!

Good luck!

3 comments:

Johnson Cove Ranch Blog said...

Great! I think the links for the posters need updated. I need them to put up for auditions! I was going to make something up and I completely forgot about the already available posters! Our first audtion is Sept 3 with a second one, if needed, on the 8th. I am getting everything finalized and excited to get started!

Stephi in Idaho

Tennor said...

Stephi, the links have been corrected. The posters are available to download, and the music cues are also available.

Stephi said...

Just an update. We in Weiser, Id are off to a great start. We held two auditions and though the community turn out wasn't what I would have liked to see, we are full steam ahead on the production. Our stake has some very talented people and they are so willing to help where they can.

We have had two rehearsals and are on our way. I had a hard time casting the Angel Gabriel so at when I handed out parts I chose to wait on Angel Gabriel. Within 2 days I was able to cast the part with an existing actor and I am very relieved!

We have some small parts to fill, Kind man, I need one more shepherd, an innkeeper, other than that we are good. I have people in the angel choir, townspeople, filling these in for me. You do what you need to to make it work!

So far so good! Good luck to everyone else who is working on their productions!