Monday, June 11, 2007

No. 7!


New Zealand is the latest country to have a church group commit to staging "The First Christmas" this year. Here's the updated list:

1. A church group in Brisbane, Australia
2. A church group in Tasmania, Australia
3. A church group in Devon, Alberta, Canada
4. A high school in Utah, USA
5. A church group in Anaheim, California, USA
6. A church group in East Grinstead, England
7. A church group in Christchurch, New Zealand

We are still looking for five more brave groups to stage the production during its inaugural year.

2 comments:

Robert Dil said...

Hi there Everyone,

My name is Robert Dil. I am a 24 years old and from Christchurch, New Zealand.

I am really excited to be co-directing the stage musical 'The First Christmas' with my wife Erin :)

I am also really excited to be a part of the premiere New Zealand group to produce this show and one of the premiere Australasian groups in this inaugural year!!

Just to let you know about myself and musical background here are some "interesting??" facts about myself...

I have a degree in Music (Performance Clarinet) and with Clarinet I have been really blessed to be able to do alot of professional work playing in the orechestra's for musical theatre shows and classical work with the Christchurch Symphony.

I sing and dance and I minored in Drama at university. Currently I am doing a Graduate diploma in teaching and learning to become a Primary School Teacher. The aim is to do Arts specialization mostly :)

I was recently on stage in the NZ premiere of an all new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Cats" which was an absolutely amazing experience. If I can work out how to include a photo from that here I will but I am not the most technologically minded ;)

I am looking forward to the challenge of this show. It really will be a growing exoperience. I am looking forward to everyone's advice and ideas and sharing my own as well- if I have anything worth contributing!!?

Hope to hear from other groups!!

Rob :)

Robert Dil said...

Sorry, that should read "I am 24 years old..." not I am a 24 years old ;)